OPPORTUNITY WITH NCJWC L’CHAIM PROJECT
November 24, 2017
Are you a cancer survivor? Would you consider becoming a “telephone buddy” to a newly diagnosed woman? Full training provided.
L’Chaim offers confidential peer support to Jewish women undergoing cancer treatment.
All L’Chaim volunteers are Jewish women cancer survivors trained to provide peer support to newly diagnosed women.
- a telephone buddy support network matching clients with volunteers who have had similar cancer experiences
- gift bags for newly diagnosed clients
- an educational DVD “What Every Jewish Woman Should Know About Cancer” which includes information about the BRCA 1 & 2 cancer causing genes
- a speaker’s bureau for community groups to raise cancer awareness
- educational programs for its members and the community at large
L’Chaim Cancer Support Group has been in operation since 2000.
We are very proud that, through our gift bags, “telephone buddy” support network, programs and social events, L’Chaim helped bring strength and comfort to women facing cancer. We have also presented important cancer awareness programs for the entire community.
How you can help:
- Make L’Chaim your service project
- Solicit donations or becoming a sponsor
Susan Austin, Co-Chair Irene Papernick, Co-Chair